Industrial icon named Project of the Year at The Building Awards.
We're hiring! ChapmanBDSP is recruiting a senior fire engineer
OPPORTUNITY FOR A SENIOR FIRE ENGINEER
ChapmanBDSP is an owner led business specialising in all aspects of building services engineering and environmental consultancy. The practice is headquartered in London with a further two regional UK offices and two international offices in the UAE. We are looking for a senior fire engineer based at our London office.
TECHNICAL ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The core role and responsibilities for the successful individual shall be:
- Production, with guidance, fire safety strategy documents to inform and support the development throughout the design process on various types of buildings across a number of sectors.
- Identify and specify, with support, the need for fire safety systems (i.e. sprinkler systems, smoke ventilation systems and relevant detection and alarm systems) to support the fire engineering design solutions.
- Carry out and review, with support, Fire Engineering calculations.
- Understand and apply UK Fire Safety Legislation for the relevant developments.
- Represent (with support initially) ChapmanBDSP at design team meetings at fire safety work shops as and when required.
- With support, negotiate as necessary with the Approval Authorities on the fire safety design principles and proposals.
The successful individual shall have:
- A degree in Fire Engineering, Building Science or equivalent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A good understanding / knowledge of current UK Fire Safety Legislation.
- Experience in the application of Fire Engineering techniques and principles.
- Experience of working within a fire safety engineering team.
- Have good time management skills for meeting previously agreed project deliverable dates.
The successful candidate shall:
- Contribute to meetings with clients to discuss and understand new project opportunities.
- Demonstrates awareness to project risk issues and highlights as appropriate.
- Support colleagues in other disciplines within the company with regards to fire safety engineering and approaches.
ChapmanBDSP is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all communities.
Please note that we are only able to accept applicants who are eligible to work in the UK.
Appointment comes amid growth region and project wins.
EBRD's 5 Bank Street project wins in the 'Innovation' category.
IFF Fragrances scheme wins in the office category.