Senior Environmental Consultant
As an independent, international consultancy, we have delivered small to large scale projects in more than 30 countries across a wide range of sectors. We value our autonomy and freedom this gives us to really push the boundaries.
We have opportunities for Senior Environmental Consultant positions based in London. Reporting to a Principal Environmental Consultant, you will be responsible for contributing to the delivery of projects in your team in accordance with the company’s standards and procedures.
You will be part of a progressive team, able to experience the full breath of sustainability solutions as we progressively deliver environmental building services. You will also be part of a wider advocacy voice engaging with industry and climate change bodies such as UKGBC, LETI, to support and influence policy changes as the UK transitions to a net zero carbon-built environment. We are looking for someone with good problem solving abilities, and someone who can deliver work by their own initiative.
What we are looking for
Your key responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Working with the team to develop sustainability and energy strategies to help clients reduce carbon emissions and energy consumption.
- Working with the team to develop sustainability strategies to support building design teams and sustainability statements to support planning applications.
- Managing and conducting environmental assessments of buildings.
- Contributing to a wide range of projects as the workload dictates.
- Building client relationships and delivering work.
- Working across several projects and assessment types.
- Project management of projects and the management of resource to achieve deliverables.
- Workshop engagements with clients’ teams.
- Contributing and producing high quality, clearly written reports
- Delegating and working with our graduates.
- Building long term relationship with our clients.
Essential skills & qualifications
- Relevant educational qualification in building sustainability/energy.
- 2-6 years of relevant industry experience
- Understanding of the GLA and local borough planning requirements.
- Understanding of Building Regulations Part L.
- Knowledge of industry accreditations schemes such as BREEAM, WELL, NABERS, Fitwel, etc.
- Familiarity and firm understanding of energy and carbon using with dynamic simulation packages such as TAS and IES.
- Ability to carry out domestic/non-domestic energy assessments for planning.
- Knowledge of whole life cycle carbon assessments (preferably using One Click LCA).
- Demonstrated experience in advising on and integrating low carbon and resilient solutions into building design.
- Commercial awareness for business development, marketing, and proposal preparation.
- Some project and financial management experience.
Rewards & benefits
- Flexible working
- Private Healthcare Scheme
- Cash Plan for Optical and Dental care
- Life Assurance
- Annual Leisure Travel Insurance
- 24 days annual leave, increasing to 28 days with length of service.
- Contributory Pension Scheme (Employee 5% Company 4%)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional Membership Subscription
- Study Assistance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sabbatical Leave
- Gym discounts
- Employee referral scheme
What happens next?
If this could be the next step in your journey, please contact us. All applications will be considered, and we will try our very best to respond to you within 72 hours of receiving your application.
The Company is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all communities.