Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer
As an independent, international consultancy, we have delivered small to large scale projects in more than 30 countries across a wide range of sectors. We value our autonomy and freedom this gives us to really push the boundaries.
We have opportunities for Graduate Mechanical Design Engineers for positions based in London, Kent and Birmingham. Reporting to a Principal/Senior Design Engineer, you will be responsible for contributing to the delivery of projects in your team in accordance with the company’s standards and procedures.
What we are looking for
The successful candidates will be strong team players, have good communication skills and the ability to liaise effectively with all members of the internal design team to assist in the delivery of a project, by contributing to specific areas under the guidance of the senior engineering team.
Your key responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Working on a wide range of projects including commercial, residential, education, hotels, retain and leisure, mixed use, culture and heritage and public sector.
- Attending internal design meetings.
- Attending meetings with external clients and multidisciplinary design teams.
- Assisting in the development and presentation of project design proposals to the project team and client.
- Assisting senior consultants in project design and assessments.
- Assisting in project surveys including; site inspections, stock condition, refurbishment and post-occupancy performance evaluations.
- Preparing high quality information as requested including; technical specifications, designs, drawings, equipment schedules, survey reports.
- Maintaining an accurate and organised schedule of personal tasks and available resource.
- Attending/organising external CPDs
- Attending/participating in internal CPDs
- Developing a technical understanding of Low Carbon Technologies, Building Regulations and Local Sustainable Planning Policy.
- Undertaking additional and independent learning on technical subjects and software training.
- Being active in industry organised events such as CIBSE, IMechE and IET programmes.
- Being active with social media, including working with the work winning team to develop project related content.
- Ability to understand a project’s programme
Essential skills & qualifications
- Hold an academic or industry qualification related to electrical, mechanical or building services engineering.
- Passion for energy efficiency, sustainable design and low carbon technologies.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
Rewards & benefits
- Flexible working
- Private Healthcare Scheme
- Cash Plan for Optical and Dental care
- Life Assurance
- Annual Leisure Travel Insurance
- 24 days annual leave, increasing to 28 days with length of service.
- Contributory Pension Scheme (Employee 5% Company 4%)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional Membership Subscription
- Study Assistance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sabbatical Leave
- Gym discounts
- Employee referral scheme
What happens next?
If this could be the next step in your journey, please contact us. All applications will be considered, and we will try our very best to respond to you within 72 hours of receiving your application.
The Company is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all communities.