Senior Fire Engineer
This is an opportunity for a self-motivated, ambitious career-driven fire engineer to be part a small London based Fire Consultancy with a growing team. The Position is suited to an Intermediate/Senior Fire Engineer currently working under a Head of Fire Engineering.
The Senior fire engineer will be a key member in the design and review of fire safety documentation across a variety of exciting projects in the UK and international. As well as working on a wide range of projects as a Fire Engineer, you would also be part of a growing and progressive business. You will be working for a welcoming and inclusive culture, offering an excellent benefits package and a bespoke personal development plan.
What we are looking for
As one of our fire engineers you will be responsible for providing design solutions and advisory actions to our varied client base involving new and existing buildings and European Fire Standards.
As a Fire Engineer your daily responsibilities will include the following:
- Producing Fire Safety Strategy Documents
- Carrying out Fire Engineering Calculations
- Presenting your fire engineering ideas in a clear and concise manner to Design teams and Local authority.
- Development of fire strategies, and general consultancy on projects.
- Negotiating with approval authorities on fire safety designs and proposals.
- Produce fire safety strategy documents to inform and support the chosen building form throughout the design process.
- Carry out and review fire engineering.
- Understand and apply UK fire safety legislation.
- Identify design related issues and propose solutions as appropriate.
- Keep abreast of all British & European Fire Standards.
- Ability to represent our consultancy in a professional capacity to approval authorities.
- Lead meetings with design teams to discuss and understand new project opportunities, manage information, and involve the design team as required.
- Identify amendments to the project scope and ensures opportunities for additional fees are addressed.
- Understand and apply internal quality assurance processes.
- Identify project risk issues and resourcing concerns and manage as appropriate.
Essential skills & qualifications
- A Fire Engineering background in Fire Consultancy with a minimum of 1-3 years’ experience.
- Achieved or working towards Chartered Fire Engineer.
- A fire engineering Degree or equivalent.
Rewards & benefits
- Flexible working
- Private Healthcare Scheme
- Cash Plan for Optical and Dental care
- Life Assurance
- Annual Leisure Travel Insurance
- 24 days annual leave, increasing to 28 days with length of service.
- Contributory Pension Scheme (Employee 5% Company 4%)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional Membership Subscription
- Study Assistance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sabbatical Leave
- Gym discounts
- Employee referral scheme
What happens next?
If this could be the next step in your journey, please contact us. All applications will be considered, and we will try our very best to respond to you within 72 hours of receiving your application.
The Company is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all communities.