Associate Director Fire Engineer
As an independent, international consultancy, we have delivered small to large scale projects in more than 30 countries across a wide range of sectors. We value our autonomy and freedom this gives us to really push the boundaries.
We have an opportunity for an Associate Director Fire Engineering position based in London. You will be responsible for contributing to the delivery of projects in your team in accordance with the company’s standards and procedures.
This is an opportunity for a self-motivated individual to run a small London based Fire Consultancy with a growing team. The position is suited to an Associate or Associate Director Fire Engineer currently working under an Operations Director who wants challenge to run their own team and achieve the associated rewards.
What we are looking for
Your key responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Undertaking the development of fire strategies, client care and general consultancy on projects;
- Building a London Team of Fire Engineers;
- Negotiating with approval authorities on fire safety designs and proposals;
- Producing fire safety strategy documents to inform and support the chosen building form throughout the design process;
- Carrying out and reviewing fire engineering;
- Understanding and applying UK fire safety legislation;
- Identifying design related issues and proposing solutions as appropriate;
- Keeping abreast of all British & European Fire Standards.
- Ability to represent our consultancy in a professional capacity to clients, professional organizations and approval authorities;
- Leading meetings with clients to discuss and understand new project opportunities, managing information and involving the design team as required;
- Contributing to the preparation of fee proposals for new projects;
- Identifying amendments to the project scope and ensuring opportunities for additional fees are addressed;
- Understanding and applying internal quality assurance processes;
- Identifying project risk issues and resourcing concerns and managing as appropriate;
- Attending conferences and presenting back on proceedings to the whole Fire Engineering team;
- Encouraging and managing the training and development of fire engineers
Essential skills & qualifications
- A Fire Engineering background in Fire Consultancy
- A proven background of experience, working within a fire safety engineering team.
- Achieved or working towards Chartered Fire Engineer;
- Ability to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Commercial Financial & Risk – Shows understanding of commercial risks and escalates issues where required;
- Training and Development – Demonstrates a constant desire to grow in terms of skills, knowledge and experience;
- IT - An ability to demonstrate strong general PC skills and software knowledge;
Rewards & benefits
- Flexible working
- Private Healthcare Scheme
- Cash Plan for Optical and Dental care
- Life Assurance
- Annual Leisure Travel Insurance
- 24 days annual leave, increasing to 28 days with length of service.
- Contributory Pension Scheme (Employee 5% Company 4%)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional Membership Subscription
- Study Assistance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sabbatical Leave
- Gym discounts
- Employee referral scheme
What happens next?
If this could be the next step in your journey, please contact us. All applications will be considered, and we will try our very best to respond to you within 72 hours of receiving your application.
The Company is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all communities.