Architectural Lighting is a field of work that concerns lighting aspects within the built environment, for both humankind and wildlife. It is an integral aspect of the architectural world, which aims to mimic the properties of natural light in its scarcity or absence. It promotes, expresses and enhances the character of each space, and it gives a different perspective to every project.
As lighting designers, our purpose is to assist architects on visual and technical aspects. Our aim is to balance the characteristics of light within a space, to optimise the visual, non-visual and technical components. We identify the benefits and power of light to our wellbeing and environment, through its ability to alter our perceptions of a building, space or object.
Our collaborative approach to design responds to the needs of human sustainability and living organisms. Our design process is based on the principles of sustainability, environmental responsibility and conscious education.
Energy efficiency is a significant aspect of our design process. We strive to produce designs that embrace this, through the use of reduce and reuse methods, assessing the lifecycles of specified products and ensuring the manufacturers we use have a transparent and conscious approach to sustainability.
Our creative approach integrates our architectural background, technical expertise and practical skills to produce unique and successful lighting designs, which are efficient, atmospheric and visually/emotively stimulating.
We have an extensive portfolio of projects from around the world, with experience across a range of different sectors, from residential and commercial to landscape and heritage. We pride ourselves on the outstanding quality of our work, the depth of our experience adds value in bringing recent innovations to the table.
Our ‘One Team’ mentality is especially important to us. The dedication of our team enables us to offer integrated, inspiring and pioneering designs, with coordinated installations.
For more information or lighting fee proposals, please contact our Head of Lighting: Fabiana Nery Pardhanani.
Architectural Lighting Design services
Stage 1-2: Lighting concept design report, including:
- Glow plans, mood-boards and visual proposals.
Stage 3-4: Lighting Schematic to Detailed/Tender package report, including:
- Lighting layouts (2D CAD / 3D Revit) fully coordinated in-house.
- Lighting for internal and external compliance with British regulations and local authorities, fully coordinated with the design team and sub-consultants (MEP, AV/IT, acoustics, smart technology).
- BREEAM / LEED / WELL / NABERS / ENERGY CONSUMPTION Lighting Assessments with evidence for sustainability accreditation goals and coordination with environmental & sustainability team.
- Melanopic Illuminance & Irradiance Studies.
- Lighting calculations and lighting 3D visuals.
- Detailed specification of luminaires and driver’s quantities & locations (driver’s hub).
- Lighting control detailed schedule and scene setting drawings.
- Daylight studies integrated with artificial lighting, adding the benefits and coordinated with Environmental & Sustainability measures.
Stage 5-6: Construction Management Lighting snagging report, management and commissioning of the lighting control system, including:
- Lighting snagging report and site visits coordination.
- Management and commissioning of the lighting control system.
- Lighting evidence report coordinated with environmental & sustainability team.
- Lighting samples, mock-ups and special lighting renderings.
- TM65 & TM66 lighting report and coordination with lighting manufacturer(s).